datapasta 3.0.0 ‘Colander Helmet’
- When pasting from clipboard it now attempts to guess if there is no header row, in the case where the clipboard is all data. If you’re lucky it will create a default header for you when pasting (V1, V2, V3 etc.).
dpasta() will now handle tribbles with R classes that cannot be represented in tribble form. It falls back to their character representation. This works well for things like dates.
- New addin: ‘Fiddle Selection’. This is a kind of magic wand that can be waved over RStudio editor selections to: Reflow messy tribble and data.frame definitions, create
c() expressions from raw data, and pivot
c() exprs between vertical and horizontal format.
- New addin: ‘Toggle Vector Quotes’. Given a horizontal or vertical
c() expr, it will toggle all elements between quoted and bare format.
- Complies with new CRAN policy on clipboard use. You cannot write to the clipboard in non-interactive sessions with
dmdclip() - Why would you?. Tests containing clipboard use are skipped on CI and CRAN.
- Added a trailing newline after all pastes, this works much nicer for console output.
- Fixed handling of backslashes. Relying on built-in function deparse() for escaping chars that need it.
datapasta 2.0.0 ‘Fusilli Jerry’
- Added the ability to parse objects from R and output as neatly formatted tibbles, dataframes and vectors with
dpasta. The clipboard is not involved.
- Added the ability to send these same types of objects to the clipboard formatted for markdown output with
- Package can now operate in a close to fully featured way in editors other than RStudio. Output goes to console rather than cursor.
- Added hooks for output customisation with
_construct() functions that return the formatted output as an R character vector.
- The decimal mark can be set for numeric data with
- User can now paste natural looking comma separated lists as vectors, with automatic comma-splitting and whitespace trimming.
datapasta 1.1.0 ‘CopyPesto’
df_paste() which pastes a table from the clipboard using a nicely formatted call to
data.frame() rather than
- Better handling for empty lines that get accidently copied onto clipboard with table. Gracefully ignored.
- Added new addin ‘Paste as vector (vertical)’ to provide nicer formatting for long lists.
- All addins now guess data types and format correctly in the source editor.
- Empty rows in tables and empty cells in lists are formatted as NA’s when pasting instead of being ignored.
- Added vignette, automated tests etc in prep for CRAN submission.
- Added graceful error handling on failed parse of text on clipboard to table.
vector_paste() now pastse NA’s as unquoted, so R will parse as propper NA.
tribble_paste() can parse an paste table text copied from raw delimited file e.g. csv, tsv, pipe delimited, seimi-colon delimited.
vector_paste() uses a space between elements.
- Added a
NEWS.md file to track changes to the package.
- Fixed the handling of NAs in tab delimited files which resulted in phantom NA columns sometimes appearing with